Friday 28 January 2011

Planning - Reader Profile

My target audience includes people who wish to consume content that is interesting, gripping and most of all desirable to them. 

As Media Theory suggests, content has to be interesting for my audience and my audience consists of people that are relatively impatient and are with short attention spans, wanting to learn the latest things about bands and wanting privileged information about bands - stuff that is only interesting to them because they feel they have 'exclusivity' to the information. 

Content such as this would help my audience and their 'personal relationships' as the book, 'Sociology of the Mass Media', suggests: there is the idea that people like to be 'in the know' so as to take part in certain social situations where people will read about the same band as well as  expecting their friends to contribute information about other new bands they've heard of - my target market want to consume 'gossip' as it were. 

In addition, I expect my target market of 15-17 year olds to be slightly rebellious and welcoming to rather strange ideas and portrayals of characters in my magazine and this will allow me to write in a way that challenges 'normal' behaviors and conventions that we expect in society, in order to be able to effectively relate to my audience of people who seek new ideas and scenarios. 

No comments:

Post a Comment